The social services in your town or district (kommun in Swedish) can also help you prevent and stop drug abuse. You can ask them for counselling and other social support. Often, your kommun can also offer anonymous counselling over the telephone. Call your kommun’s contact number (look for the word växel in Swedish) and tell them what you want help with, and they can help you get further support.

You can also visit AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) or NA (Narcotics Anonymous) who sometimes have special meetings for homosexuals, bisexuals and transgender people. Click on their links for more information in English.

You can find more information about where to find help and support at

More information about alcohol and other drugs can be found here
Information for young people on Drugsmart.

Sexperterna Recommends

Main Topics